Current Volunteering Opportunities
Current volunteering opportunities
One-off or occasional opportunities
From time to time we need extra support to run a special event. Opportunities in this area include:
- DSY Regional Conversation on disability sport – opportunities include assistance with the planning and organisation of the event, help with the reception and refreshments on the evening itself
- Taster events – we run short taster events for those who are new to physical activity and need volunteers to provide support to participants
- Fundraising activities – these are needed to bring in much needed resources to enable us to run a varied programme to meet a whole range of needs
- Accounts/book keeping – we currently need volunteers with the knowledge and skills to help us tailor our Sage accounting system to include new activities arising from our recent move to Denhale Active Recreation Centre
- Marketing and publicity – as a result of the move to our new base we desperately need volunteers with marketing and publicity skills and experience of social media to help us raise our profile with disabled people and potential funders.
- IT Skills – we need help to ensure we are making the best use of technology and to help us work smarter, for example, help to produce a template for a quarterly e-newsletter or how to bank social media messages to send out periodically
- Employability project – we are currently running a sports employability project for those disabled young people who face additional barriers to gaining and sustaining a job. Help with materials or training to enable participants to gain the basic skills of applying for a job would be helpful.
More regular opportunities
Each week we have a range of physical activities and sport sessions at our base in Wakefield. We do need help in both the day time and evening and usually these sessions last for just an hour or hour and a half. This would involve working on a one-to-one or group basis assisting disabled children and young adults to get involved in sporting activities.
We also need qualified first aiders who can provide support for specific sessions.
In addition help of a couple of hours a week with admin and reception would free off our sports development officers to spend more time face to face on sporting activities.
You may have ideas on ways in which you could make a difference, so do give us a call and let us know. email@example.com
All of the above would provide us with valuable help and enable us to make an impact we could not otherwise afford.