Introducing our new DSY Ambassador, Adam Walker
Disability Sport Yorkshire is delighted to introduce our new Ambassador for Sport, Adam Walker. Adam is a professional golfer, who also has a passion for disability sport, and helping people progress in sport. Adam will be wearing the DSY logo on his kit this year, and will be attending various DSY events throughout the year.
Here’s a bit more about him
Name: Adam Walker
Age: 25 (1991)
Occupation: Professional Golfer
- Started playing age 12
- Club Champion 5 years consecutively
- Represented Halifax and Huddersfield at both junior and senior level
- Dubai Summer Series Champion
- Sharjah Open Champion
- Turned Pro 2012
- Played on the Mena Tour (Middle East) in 2012
- Currently play on the PGA Europro Tour and have done since qualifying in 2012
Ambition: To earn full playing rights on the European Tour by 2020
Involvements with Charities and Disability Sports:
- BSL Level 2
- Volunteered for the FDSO at numerous events through Kirklees College
- Qualified Boccia Referee
- Represented the NSPCC at Charity Golf Days
- Currently on the committee for the Overgate Hospice to help run and organise their Annual golf day.
Message to Competitors:
My dream since I was 12 was to become a professional golfer. I am certainly not the most talented golfer but from experience, all I can say is, if you can dedicate yourself totally, 100% to something you love and have a passion for, whether it may be in sport or in life you WILL succeed in anything you chose to put your mind too.
I can’t wait to become a part of this amazing organisation. I wish you all the very best and look forward to meeting you in the near future.