Development Opportunities for Schools
Activities for schools
Disability Sport Yorkshire can support primary schools to develop an inclusive physical activity programme. Below we have given examples of how your school might choose to enlist the services of DSY. This is not an exhaustive list and we are happy to discuss a tailor made package for your school.
What can we offer?
- Delivery of fully inclusive PE lessons in your school
- Delivery of fully inclusive lunch time, pre or after school sessions or clubs
- After school or community coaching
- Delivery of inclusive sessions after school or in a club or community setting
Staff Support, Training and CPD
Informal training sessions for school staff, including ideas on how to ensure sport in school is inclusive and fun
- Mentoring of non PE staff to develop confidence in delivering sport and PE in school in an inclusive manner
- Training for community coaches offering ideas on how to be inclusive and attract more disabled participants
- Access to accredited CPD opportunities in disability sport for those who wish to further develop their skills
Inclusive Equipment Loan
- Access to inclusive sports equipment such as boccia, new age kurling, goalball, table top games and much more, available to loan.
Coaching & delivery
Curriculum support, after school and community coaching £25.00 per hour (1 x minimum level 2 qualified coach). Additional coaches £15.00 per hour for each additional coach required (minimum level 1 qualified coach)
For example: 2 coaches = £40.00 per hour (1 x level 2 & 1 x level 1)
3 coaches = £55.00 per hour (1 x level2 & 2 x level 1)
Staff support, training & CPD
1 x DSY facilitator working with up to 10 staff £35.00 per hour. Additional DSY facilitators £20.00 per hour for each additional facilitator
For example: 2 DSY facilitators = £55.00 per hour
Inclusive equipment loan hire
DSY has a range of equipment available for long, medium or short term loan. Equipment available includes:
- New Age Kurling
- Table Cricket
- Sports hall Athletics
- Vollyball (including sitting volleyball)
- Tennis & short tennis
- Tag rugby
- Various multi skills & ABC equipment
Equipment is available to hire, with full instruction on safe and correct use where required, at a rate of £50.00 per item per half term (negotiable rates are available for shorter or longer loan periods or multiple items). For example a New Age Kurling set including 4 red & 4 blue stones, 2 pushers, 1 ramp and 1 target) £50.00 for one half term loan.
The above is only a brief summary of what we can offer to your school, club or community group.
We would be happy to discuss other options based on specific requirements. Please feel free to contact the DSY team to discuss your requirements in full.
Contact: Ian Spencer
Tel: 01924 372382